Financial aid is available to graduate students and varies widely among graduate and professional school programs.
More information on the steps to follow, including applying for loans, is available at Graduate Students - Financial Aid.
Importantly, prospective graduate students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) when it becomes available each October 1st. Be sure to reapply each year.
Financial aid information for graduate and professional students is also posted on the following sites:
- Tuition & Fees
- Financial Aid - Additional information specific to graduate students in the School of Medicine, School of Law, and School of Dental Medicine
- Provost’s Dissertation Year Fellowship for Historically Underrepresented Doctoral Students (Formerly the Provost Development Fund)
- Office of Sponsored Programs Student Opportunities Funding Portal
- Nationality Rooms Scholarships
- Public Humanities Fellows
- Pittsburgh Foundation Scholarships
- PittFund$Me - Note: only viewable by current and committed students